Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Induction Task Evaluation


Induction Task Evaluation     

Introduction

In this assignment we were assigned to create a double page spread about the disadvantages and advantages of file sharing. I personally believe it was a good induction as I got a feel for the subject. I was able to identify weakness I may come across in the future; also being able to have a feel with the different types of programme we were going to use was extremely useful. In this evaluation I’m going to analyse myself with help from peers.

Research Skills – Strengths and Weaknesses

The first source I used to gather information was from the article newsbeat, I annotated & highlighted the parts of the article that I thought was useful, and then expanded my point of view in my article. The information I found most useful from newsbeat was the information regarding Napster however, some of the information was quite dated therefore, I had to look for more recent sources. I found it easier to gather information from articles from magazines and newspaper as the sources I use are reliable and information is simple and low lexis so I can interpret them into my own words the source I tend to use are;

Guardian

Music Magazines (Vibe)

BBC

Newsbeat


One of my weakness I found most challenging was finding reliable sources from the internet I find it hard to separate good sources from bad source, with this task; I manage to get help from my teachers who helped feed me some information and ideas of website I can youse, eventually my computer research skills improved and I was able to pick out key information through doing some Independent online research.

Journalistic and Writing Skills – Strengths and Weakness  

In my double page spread, I tried to capture the younger reader’s attention, my audience was targeted for u21 the majority of my grammar was low lexis however, when relating to facts and important information I changed my tone and used mid lexis, this was to keep the reader interested. My purpose was to inform them and I believe I was successful, Secondly  I used 2nd person Pro nouns like “ you “ as I believe this connects with the readers and  it makes the article more personal and they feel like they will benefit and learn new information through reading my article. 

InDesign Skills Strengths & Weakness  

It’s fair to say my weakness outweighs my strengths, this was my first time using this software and I have minimal experience using other computer designing programmes. At first I found it hard to input pictures without them being pixlised,  I then realised I needed hi res pictures , it took me a long time to understand the different symbols , and I’m still learning now , however I am more comfortable and I  believe I can produce a better piece of work now as I have more of a understanding, I still struggle with getting ideas in my head on the computer but it’s a working progress, In my design I learnt how to fade the background picture which is a useful tool.

Web Publishing

At first setting up ours blogs was taking a long time because of the college firewall system was not set –up probably however, Web publishing is a really good way of keeping on top of your work everyone uses phone, and we can update and upload work through our phones, when it runs smoothly it will be fast and not be time consuming and I like the fact you get constructive criticism feedback, via social network sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.

Audience Feed Back

Viktor; It’s really good, however the colour schemes make it harder to read

The images is good very effective

Should if highlighted more words blue to make it stand out

Ruce; It’s really good, however my text is hard to read

The image in the bottom left is effective

It reads really well
Specific Targets for improvement

·         Improve InDesign skills

·         Read more magazines

·         Improve research skills


Even though I only have 3 targets, there’s depth in them target and loads of areas for me to improve, as each lesson I’m learning new skills


No comments:

Post a Comment