Thursday, 13 December 2012

Question 7


Question 7.            
Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product? 





















I learnt the importance of having a colour scheme and how it can influence people to buy your magazine and, also how crucial it is to link the colour scheme to your target audience as this will help persuade and encourage them to pick up your magazine.I believed I significantly improved due to my case study’s, I was able to look through various magazine and see the methods they used to appeal to their target audience.  Arsenal using red as it links to their emblem and Downbeat changed there’s each issue but still maintain a general colour scheme and kept it basic. Looking back at my audience Feedback I can see how much I improved such as;

‘I think that your Black and white colour scheme will attract potential readers to your magazine   even if they’re not a part of your target audience and this is because of the fact that most magazines are really colourful or dark (black colour  and your unique colour scheme will defiantly stand out. You target audience will defiantly be attracted to your music magazine for this reason as well.


If you look at my bar code on my College task is stands out and affects the quality of my image I learnt that the placement of features can be instrumental when producing a magazine in my music magazine. I choose a more acceptable bar code and also change the side, I did not want to crowd my text into one corner of my page so I decided to spread it out.

My typography also improved if you look at the my college magazine where I used a variety of fonts in came  across tacky, I realized keeping the same font and using standard capitalization on certain text is extremely important as it allows you to make a subtle impact which was important in my music magazine as it was in black and white. Here is some of the feed back below 

' Looking at your college magazine your music magazine i can tell that you have improved tremendously in your editing skills because you gained more experience, and that is the reason why your images, layout of text and images and also your masterhead are incredible.' 

My photography improved as we used more advance cameras and hired out studio’s also my choice of models was better. As I had the opportunity to do a case study I was able to look in detail to see who would feature in my magazine and I chose the best person in my college who fit that description. This is why, my target audience is easy to establish on my music magazine whereas, if you look at the college magazine my colour's and font could have been targets at a variety of audiences and was not specific.





















As you can see the layout of magazine has changed. I have equally spaced out the text also used more images an images which relate to my content. If you look at my college magazine;

. I've named it contents page
. Not gave any headings
. Poor Camera (Bad sizing )
. Left  Blank spaces 
. Different colour shades ( Green )


The reason I improved my college magazine was because I was able to look back at details where I went wrong and compare them with my case studies to see where I went wrong.  The main reasons are shown above so, in my music magazine I followed the structure of other stimulus and whereas the college magazine  was just made from scratch with no focus or guidance in my music magazine my aim was to keep it formal. My images has to create a mise en scene so they kept the Jazz feel throughout my magazine, heading & subheadings  where put in bold to make them stand out, we used more advance camera's (Cannon's) and I tried to balance out my text and imagery so I would not leave any blank spots. I also made sure I used the same colour of black through the text.












No comments:

Post a Comment