Monday, 10 December 2012

Audience Feedback

Kashif

1. How do you think I’ve portrayed my music magazine?

2. How have I represented Jazz fans?

3. How are men portrayed, does it matter that I’ve only used male artist?

4. My main cover photo is a white English male is this the right ethnic group to represent jazz?

5. By me using a black and white theme does this make you more persuaded to pick up my    magazine and do you believe it relates to my audience?

6.What are your favourite parts of my magazine?

7.What could I improve?

8.How have my technical skills in InDesign improved from my college magazine?

5 comments:

  1. 1 - I feel that you have successfully portray the Jazz theme through your magazine as the Saxophone used on the front cover of your magazine, indicates the genre of you magazine.

    2 - i think you have represented Jazz fans in a possitive way as, from looking at your proposal you have gone into deph to make sure you represent Jazz fans as you have understood their taste in music.

    3 - men are portrayed in a good light, however you've only used men in your magazine which would lead to ask are women no interested in Jazz aswell?

    4 - i think that the fact that you've used a white male on your front cover is diffrent as on most Jazz artist are black

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. How do you think I’ve portrayed my music magazine?
    Your music magazine is representative of Jazz music, this is possible to see through your use of models and and colour scheme and layout.

    2. How have I represented Jazz fans?
    By representing Jazz, you are able to attract Jazz fans. It is quite formal, this would be appreciated by the audience.

    3. How are men portrayed, does it matter that I’ve only used male artist?
    The men are portrayed in fairly formal settings, in terms of clothing and stance. I imagine Jazz is primarily dominated by a male audience, this is thereby representative.

    4. My main cover photo is a white English male is this the right ethnic group to represent jazz?
    I'm not very aware of your target audience, however I thought that Jazz artists generally were of afro/carribean descent, at least historically. However you do have another model fitting this ethnicity so this is quite representative, and the fact that you used a white male may reflect the contemporary nature of this magazine.

    5. By me using a black and white theme does this make you more persuaded to pick up my magazine and do you believe it relates to my audience?
    It relates to your genre as it is quite formal.

    6.What are your favourite parts of my magazine?
    I like the formality and structure and colour scheme of your magazine.

    7.What could I improve?
    Your DPS seems to be an A4 piece, perhaps you redo it as an A3 with a larger image?

    8.How have my technical skills in InDesign improved from my college magazine?
    Your contents page seems much more structured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you portrated Jazz music properly with the use of yout colour scheme because you used the many shades of white and grey to show how old this genre is.
    I also think that you used the saxaphone on the front cover to show your target audience that this is a jazz magazine.

    you repersent jazz fans as young people that have are very religious in your magazine because of the fact that only teenagers are modelling in your magazine and the fact that your features artist goes to church all the time. You are steryotyping jazz fans as religios teens and you might be discouraging old non-religious fan of jazz way from your magazine.

    i dont think it matters that you only used men in your magazine because it seems like you intended to do this as if you weren't expecting females to participate in jazz music. you portrayed these male artists in your magazine as religious and dull guys becuase of the use of lots shades of white and grey.
    I think that the use of a white male artist in your front cover isnt racist or dicrimative at all becuase you also use many other male artist from Africa in your content page so it sort of balanaces between both ethnicties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that your Black and white colour scheme will attract potential readers to your magazine even if their not a part of your target audience and this is because of the fact that most magazines are really colourful or dark (black colours) and your unique colour scheme will definatly stand out. You target audience will definatly be attracted to your music magazine for this reason as well.

    My favourite part of your magazine the front cover because of the Mise en Scene of the artist that you are featuring in your magazine. the way he is dressed, posing and hairstyle is completly perfect and on point wehen it comes to making a good quality image for your front cover.

    you could improve on the layout of your DPS becuase the image of Victor (the guy on the couch with the saxaphone) looks a bit streached horizontally and you could have also made the DPS an A3 sheet or paper instead of an A4 sheet of paper.

    Your editing skills on Photoshop and InDesing has improved extreamly becuase in your college magazine the quality of your images, the layout of text and images weren't that great becuase you were getting use to handling softwares like Photoshop and InDesign; BUT looking at your college magazine your music magazine i can tell that your have improved tremendously in your editing skills because you gained more experience, and that is the reason why your images, layout of text and iamges and also your masterhead are increadible.

    ReplyDelete